Today my Motorama Robot Conflict 2020 registration was approved! Builder’s DB signup in, paperwork signed and submitted, and payment received.
Here’s what I’m working on!
- First Strike v2: Improved weapon engagement, smaller, better driving
- Z Offset +2.0000: New skeleton (Not PETG!), reinforced lifter joint+arm,
- Pwny Botstation v1
- A “simple” custom controller closer to a console gamepad built specifically for combat robotics
- Uses a Flysky Tanaris module (to make safety compliance simpler) for downstream control
- An ESP8266 based telemetry flight recorder
- A display
- RGB LEDs?
- BotDriverBoard: A custom PCB designed to replace the existing dual brushed ESC carrier that I’ve been using so far. Highlights:
- WIFI Telemetry
- Custom channel mixing
- Enough current to handle Ant+Beetles
- Room for future growth
- Low low BOM (< $15 CAD)
- RGB LEDs?
- Rapid prototyping
- Expect failutre:
- Pad timelines (especially shipping!)
- Test early in isolation
- BDB can be cut, using the existing generic controllers (In fact, BDB v3 was cut just 10 days before BotBrawl #10!)
- Pwny Botstation can be cut entirely, using the FlySky i6x that I’m currently using (Idea was on hold until after BotBrawl #10)
gantt dateFormat YYY-MM-DD title The Gantt to Motorama section First Strike v2 Chassis v3 :active, crit, fs1, 2019-11-16, 10d Weapon A : crit, fs2, after fs1, 10d Chassis v4 : crit, fs3, after bdb404, 14d Weapon B? : fs4, after fs3, 10d LEDs : fs4, after fs3, 7d Drive Test+Refine : crit, fs4, after fs3, 14d Chassis v5? : 10d Armor Fab. : crit, 10d Stand : 3d Spares? : 10d Motorama! : motorama, 2020-02-14, 3d section Z Offset +2.0000 Chassis v2 :active, crit, zo1, 2019-11-16, 14d Lifter v2 : crit, zo2, after zo1, 10d Chassis v3 : crit, zo3, after bdb404, 14d LEDs : fs4, after fs3, 7d Drive Test+Refine : crit, fs4, after fs3, 14d Armor Fab. : crit, 21d Stand : 3d Spares? : 10d Motorama! : motorama, 2020-02-14, 3d section Pwny Botstation Concept :done, nc1, 2019-11-12, 2019-11-15 HW Prototype : active, nc2, after nc1, 14d SW Prototype : active, nc3, after nc1, 14d Refine : 21d Pretty Version : 21d Order Spare Parts? : 35d section BotDriverBoard v4 Design :done, bdb401, 2019-11-08,2019-11-11 v4 Manufacture :active, crit, bdb402, after bdb401, 12d v4 PCB Ships : crit, bdb403, after bdb402, 10d v4 Test : crit, bdb404, after bdb403, 5d v4.1 Design :done, bdb411, 2019-11-11,2019-11-12 v4.1 Manufacture :active, bdb412, after bdb411, 21d v4.1 PCB Ships : bdb413, after bdb412, 10d Test 4.1 : bdb414, after bdb413, 14d v5 Design? : 7d v5 Manufacture? : 21d v5 Ship? : 10d v5 Test? : 7d